Sweet Tea Sparkling Cooler
Sweet tea is a household staple in the South. You’d be hard pressed to find a home without it most of the time. And not just in the summer. It’s all year round. At our house growing up we had sweet tea in the fridge always! So for this week’s menu I decided to elevate what’s already a favorite of mine and make a Sweet Tea Sparkling Cooler. It’ll be perfect of your 4th of July weekend and it’s oh so simple.
Normally during the summer moths I make different punches or sangria (which is my favorite) and especially around a holiday like the 4th. Last year I made a blackberry green tea that was wonderful so I wanted to mix it up a bit. If you’re looking for something non-alcoholic try that.
One quick suggestion I have for making sweet tea would be to use simple syrup to sweeten it. I’m not exactly sure why but it really makes the best tea I’ve ever had. Regardless of what you have/drink/serve for your 4th of July celebration, have fun with it!
- 1 cup sweet tea vodka (or more to taste)
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 12 ounces lemon lime soda
- splash Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
- Limes and starfruit for garnish (optional)
- simple syrup (optional)
- ice cubes
- Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- Add soda and store gently to combine.
- Pour over ice in individual glasses and top with Chambord.
- Taste and adjust sweetness with simple syrup if needed.
- Garnish and serve.
Check back by this week to see the rest of my menu.