Mint Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes + A Minted Giveaway
This is such a super simple recipe you’re going to love it plus there’s a giveaway so what’s not to love, right? But we will get to that in a minute. Are you part of the group of people who love mint and chocolate together? It seems to be one of those combinations that divides people. You either love it or hate it. Clearly I’m in the love it category so this recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes is so good and so, so easy it’s going in my go-to category for quick desserts in a pinch. It doesn’t mean they have to be made only in a pinch but it’s always good to have a few things in your arsenal that you know will turn out perfectly every time and only take about 30 minutes. Everyone will be impressed that you were able to whip up such a delicious yet speedy dessert. They’ll be perfect for those holiday parties we’re gearing up for!
I know it’s early to start thinking about really getting into the holidays. I mean it’s barely Halloween yet but they’ll be here before we know it. It happens every year! I blink and Christmas is only a few days away. This year I’m starting early! On all of it…gifts, cards, decorating, etc. So when the good people at Minted contacted me to talk about their newly launched holiday photo cards, it fit right into my plan and they want to give you a chance to start early, too! We are giving away $50 to purchase anything you want from Minted (although the holiday photo cards are spectacular!).
I love Minted. Last year I went to Altitude Design Summit (or Alt Summit or mostly we just say Alt) and Minted was a sponsor so I was introduced and fell in love with their products. There’s loads of fun stuff to choose from. One of the things I wanted to be sure of was that this giveaway stayed in the same vein as this blog…food. I wanted it to be about food in some way so I started poking around on their site. Besides the cool holiday cards they have party invites, menu cards (really cool if you do a formal dinner), gift tags, personalized stationary, all kinds of party decor. Basically if it’s paper, they have it. Even business cards if you’re looking for a new design. But that’s not all! Let’s get to the food items. Not food specifically but they have fun food prints you can hang on your wall and in their general store they have those cute paper straws in fun colors that all of us food bloggers love! There’s a gorgeous jade cake stand that I WILL own soon. Their apothecary jars are precious. You’re going to LOVE shopping!
So how do I win, you may be asking?. It’s going to be super duper simple! Just pop over to their website and look around then comment at the bottom of this post what you will choose if you win. Extra points if you tweet or share the giveaway on Facebook and you can do that each day (but that part is optional). The first thing on my list is that cake stand. I cannot live without it!
Here’s your easy peasy recipe, too! These little guys are crustless. I made them both ways and really like them without a crust but if you think you need one then make a simple cookie crumb crust and press about a teaspoon in the bottom of each paper liner prior to baking. You could probably half this crust recipe and use it really easily. Plus it’s chocolate! Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
- 2 eight ounce bars cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 1/2-3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 peppermint candies, crushed (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat until combined well.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing between each addition just until the yellow disappears.
- Add peppermint flavoring and mix on low just until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin cups filling 3/4 of the way.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of one cheesecake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile place unwrapped candies in a zip top baggie and crush with a heavy glass or rolling pin. Set aside.
- Remove cakes from oven and cool slightly on a wire rack. Top with crushed peppermint candies to taste.